April 22, 2016

A Day At the Circus Museum...

Brynwood Needleworks - Ringling Museum and Mansion

The weather was perfect, as we headed to Sarasota for a day at the Ringling Circus Museum and John & Mable Ringling Mansion (Ca'd'Zan). Located on Sarasota Bay, the entire complex was kissed with cooling breezes on a southwest Florida spring day.

Brynwood Needleworks - Waterside at the Ringling Mansion

After touring the mansion, Handsome, Son #1, Daughter-in-Love and Grandson posed on the waterside staircase for me.

Brynwood Needleworks - Wall Detail

John Ringing is a man after my own heart. This panel was repeated the length of an open wall that enclosed an outdoor patio. sigh

Brynwood Needleworks - Needlepoint Chair in Mansion

Inside the mansion were a pair of these needlepointed chairs. Oh, my. The colors, the detail, the workmanship...

Brynwood Needleworks - Detail of Needlepoint Chair in Mansion

the squirrels!!! Change out the gold wood treatment, and I'd put these in our living room in a heartbeat! I quite simply, loved them!

Brynwood Needleworks - Circus Performance Costume

When we were in the various circus museum buildings, filled with all the memorabilia, I took many, many photographs of costumes. They were incredible, whether they were for people or for the performing animals.

I took so many photos, there's no way to share all of them with you here. Perhaps I'll put them into a Flickr album so that you can see more of them, but I'll save that for another time.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sweethearts in the Banyan Trees
 
If you're ever in the area, The Ringling Museum and mansion are a side trip well worth the time and money. I can tell you that we had a great time with family, and would recommend it to everyone.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this magical place. How wonderful to visit and on such a lovely Spring day with family. I can see why you loved the carved wooden panel...and those incredible needlepoint chairs. It will be fun to see more of your photos of the costumes. Enjoy more family time dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of Barnum history in CT, but nothing so grand!
    It took me a bit to find the squirrels! I'd love to see more costumes. Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna