July 12, 2013

'Cuz Backing Up Is Hard To Do...

 My last backup on my old MacBook Pro was mid-May, 2013.
I sighed a sigh of relief because I knew that, even though my latest 
photos were gone, at least I could reinstall a lot of my old programs and 
documents from that last backup. Whew! I was so relieved, but what it 
means is that I've been sitting around playing with my new toy.

I lost what I had written for my newest quilt pattern (because it was only 
resident in that old laptop), but I still have all the photos (because I saved them
on my iMac), so I can start over. So, start over I will...on my new laptop. 
I know one thing is for sure, I'll be doing regular backups from now on.

Unfortunately, this means that you get to see a picture of my favorite flip-flops
instead of a new project, a finished pattern or something else equally interesting.
It's too hard to show you something cool from my computer's screen - except
a screen shot of me typing a lame blog post about my newest relationship with
a way cool machine. That might require that I relinquish my blogger credentials!

I'm heading over to Coffee Club this morning. I'm looking forward to my weekly
dose of quilting buddies. They'll show me their latest projects and I'll show them
my finished Headstart quilt. I can't wait to see what they've been working on!

So, I hope all of you have a wonderful, restful and creative weekend. 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you had that last back up. How sad to lose all the newer bits and pieces. I hope you might be able to retrieve most of it one day.
    Enjoy Coffee Club, you will need that break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You taught me a lesson today! I thought that Macs were invincible.
    I need to figure out now how to back up my Mac laptop.
    Have fun with your new one!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How refreshing to be able to learn something new...even if it isn't totally fun. Coffee Club will give you a much needed break and some new inspiration. May your Saturday be one of huge Satisfaction Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go to a coffee club to chat about quilting. How fun and what a great thing to look forward to.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be back up and running real soon and this all behind you with many lessons learned... sometimes even if we don't see it.. it is good to clean house.. so sorry about loosing your current project thou.. :( so happy to see you still with us..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna