June 16, 2013

Making Yummy Noises...

 Yesterday began with a nice, heartwarming brunch for two...Handsome & me.
I wanted to make something I hadn't tried before, along with an old favorite.

We both love Hopple Popple (I shared the recipe with you here), so that dish
was a given for our Father's Day meal. We also had a fruit salad on the side,
with a chaser of real Florida orange juice. But, the new dish was a real hit!
 I tried The Pioneer Woman's recipe for "Cinnamon Toast - The Right Way". Wow! 
We raved about this recipe, but agreed that it was never meant to be an "everyday" 
treat. It had just the right amount of everything and was so delicious, it was almost 
like candy.  Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman herself) always hits a homerun!

If you want to try this recipe yourself, this is the link.
Just so you know, the recipe calls for 16 pieces of bread. We used 3 and I cut the
recipe appropriately. Good thing I did, too, 'cuz we might have eaten it all otherwise!
 One more thing today...
 When I went to Craftsy yesterday, I had a great little surprise.
Seems that "Harris" was trending on Craftsy yesterday.
Isn't that saaa-weeet?

Tag can't wait to see you tomorrow. Have a great Monday!
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Cinnamon Toast is Mr. C's very favorite treat...usually late at night is when he likes his best! Congratulations on Trending Craftsy. Very exciting indeed. Harris is uber cute. Let the week begin dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't cinnamon toast in YEARS!!! Yum. Glad you had a lovely day ... our whole week was bubbling with birthdays & dinners.

    Big loving hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything on that breakfast table looked delicious! I'll have to try both your hopple popple and that cinnamon toast...Congratulations on the bunnies. They just couldn't be any cuter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a few months since I've had cinnamon toast...think I'll have it tomorrow for breakfast...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on setting a trend Donna - he is adorable! I'm so glad you quit waiting and finally did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna