June 2, 2013

A Basket of Good Books...

 If I can't sit in the studio much these days, I always have my basket of good books
to occupy my days (and nights). I originally put this assortment together to take on
the Flying Cloud this summer. Of course, my recent surgery has changed our plans
a bit, but there's no reason that I can't take advantage of the extra "home time"!
 In the past three days, I finished a two-volume Ayn Rand book called 
"The Fountainhead". I thoroughly enjoyed it. I read it in three days, after all.

Most of the books in my basket right now were gifted to me for Christmas or
on my Birthday, so I thought they'd be the perfect tomes to tackle now. The
only hard part will be deciding which one will be next. I'm leaning toward a
book that my elder daughter-in-law chose for me last year..."American Wife" by
Curtis Sittenfeld (The author of "Prep").  (She always picks great books for me.)
 Although it's in my book basket, this is a book that I reach for every morning.
"Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. It's a great way to start the day.
 June looks to be a wonderful month...especially if it starts with my nose in a book!
highestheels.tumblr.com
 DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, dear Donna. I have the same Simple Abundance book! I may not get to look at it everyday, but when I do, I just open it, pick a page and it is usually what I "need to hear" that day. (In addition to the daily thought) hope you have a great Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of books. They look really appealing in their basket, too. The quilt on your bed looks really nice and comforting just what you need when you are recovering from an operation. I hope you continue to improve quickly and can get into your workroom soon. Just be careful not to do too much too soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is something we normally "save for later". It seems very appropriate for you to spend you recuperation time reading now and enjoying wonderful books. Healing Gentle Hugs Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple Abundance has been a favorite of mine for years. It'll never do you wrong! Hope you are taking it easy, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect time to catch up on some reading. It's been a long time since I have read a book for fun. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna