June 20, 2013

The Captain and Chenille...

 This post has absolutely nothing to do with music or the military,
but I couldn't resist using "The Captain" in my title. I know...lame. 
I just couldn't help myself.  This is about "chenille", though.
I thought I'd show you my assortment of chenille bedspread scraps.
I collected these over a period of time, and I've been saving them for
future projects. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet. I didn't
cut up old bedspreads myself, but they are salvaged parts, and I do have
a few "cutters" myself. I just have a hard time taking a scissors to them.
 Some pieces are larger, and some are smaller, but all of them are pretty.
You can see all the colors - and the patterns are just as varied.
 These pinks remind me of snuggly baby girls. They're so soft and sweet.
I made this jacket for our younger granddaughter two years ago from
some of my scraps. It was just adorable on her. Perhaps I should make
a few more for the Brynwood Boutique? I love working on children's 
clothing, and chenille seems to make for really sweet outfits.

I might just have to add more girly chenille jackets to my "To Do" List
after I finish all the projects I already have lined up. I could be fun!

How do you feel about chenille?
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Donna, I must confess that chenille is one of those things that pull at my heartstrings and sometimes I even get weak in the knees! I love a chenille bedspread,swoon! The jacket you made is absolutely adorable! Have a fun day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I was also going to tell you that your title made me giggle:) Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love chenille but only like to wear it, if it's lined. I don't think it's all that soft on the wrong side! My grandma had a chenille robe that I loved and if I could find a vintage one, I'd snap it up in a second.
    Love your baby, chenille jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collection of chenille is quite impressive. Little jackets are uber cute. I also adore a little chenille stuffed teddy bear or such for a bed...after all chenille bedspreads are traditional. I quite liked your title my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an assortment of pretty chenille pieces! The little jacket you made for your granddaughter is just precious. Most definitely make some for your boutique. I wish I had your sewing skills, Donna! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna