June 12, 2013

Pretty Patchwork Quilts and Plates...

 I have another quilt book to tell you about!
This one has beautiful appliques', with finished quilts in a variety of sizes.
Cyndi Walker, author of "Pretty Patchwork Quilts", loves bright and happy
colors. She artfully combines fabrics and patterns into such cheerful designs.
 "Ginger Snap" is one of my personal favorites, but this 80 page book has 
more than a few quilts that I really, really, REALLY want to make!
 Even the names of her quilts are clever - this one is called "Sweet Charity".
 There are a dozen quilt patterns in this book, and while some have applique',
others use traditional piecing techniques. I found so many designs to love.

One of the things I can tell you is that, even when I don't have time or energy
to sew, I can always disappear into my patterns and books. I spend hours
dreaming and scheming about what I'll choose for my next project.
For now, I've pulled out the fabrics and pieces to go back to finish Handsome's
"Princeton Plates" quilt. I think he's been more than patient as I've worked on guild
projects and "other things" since Christmas. It's time to complete his quilt next!
Thanks to everyone for the enthusiastic response to my first Craftsy pattern.
I really appreciate your supportive notes - and purchases!
Sending grateful hugs to all of you.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects and your dresden are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome's quilt is so stunning and you have most of it completed. I agree about spending time getting lost in a book or two dreaming of making lovely things. Happy Thursday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing Handsome's quilt. I love the fabrics! Twyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna