June 13, 2013

Let Love Be Your Guide, Revisited...

 As I hand applique' the plates for Handsome's Princeton Plate quilt, I
want to share another one of my favorite completed needlepoint pieces.
 (I wrote about here three years ago, but I'd like to share
it again for those of you who might have missed it last time.)

This design is by Nantucket artist, Claire Murray. It's called,
"Let Love Be Your Guide". I decided that my angel should have red hair,
just like our younger son and his younger daughter. I stitched the
hair in wool French knots. The rest is straight needlepoint on canvas.

Unfortunately for anyone interested in doing this piece themselves,
the kit is no longer available. When I checked Ebay, I found this chart for
counted cross stitch for the same design. It could be adapted for needlepoint.
 The finished needlepoint is 14" square, and I still can't decide how to finish it. It
would probably love to be a cushion, but really, how many pillows does a person need?
I still have that issue with light-colored dog hair, too and then, where would I put it?
 So, while I try to decide how best to finish it, I'll share it with you and
 be content to unroll it from time to time. Each time, it reminds me to
"Let Love Be Your Guide".
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. That is such a darling piece and the sentiment is priceless. I think it would be lovely framed in an antique frame. Have a sweet day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is lovely. What about framing it to give to your son and his daughter in honor of their red hair and the lesson to "Let Love Be Your Guide"? A cherished heirloom for them created by you. Fantastic Friday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is such a sweet piece. I adore Claire Murry's designs. You know I'm a fan of Nantucket. Always loved to stop into her shop. Her designs make me smile! 14" square would make a nice little footstool or cushion atop a taller stool. I'm rather fond of pillows and like to move them from place to place and also bring out different ones for different seasons of the year. What ever you decide to do with it, enjoy it! It's a fabulous piece. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna