January 14, 2013

Tuesdays With Tag - Raoul, The Pool Boy...

Hi, Everybody!
Glad you could join me poolside for this weeks' installment.
I know it's been unseasonably warm all over the country,
but we really like this time of year in south Florida.
I mean, if you wear a fur coat every day of your life, it's
nice to catch a break from "hot and humid" from time to time!
 Mom and Dad always laugh at me when I decide to spend
quality time in the Holidome, but especially when I jump
up onto the chaise lounges to get a little sun time.

My nickname is "Raoul, the pool boy" because I'm always out here
checkin' out the water, patrollin' the perimeter and dreamin' of takin'
a swim. It's a real good thing we don't have a cabana. I can only
imagine what I'd they'd be callin' me then.
 Although most of my attention is directed toward my pool,
every once in a while I notice somethin' overhead. When I asked
Mom what that bird is called, she said "It's a buzzard, Little Man."

Dad calls 'em "first responders" because we always see them
 on the side of the road whenever there's an animal hit by a car.
Don't worry. There's nothing dead around here, but they always fly
over our house on their way to the nature preserve north of us.
 I think I'd better have a closer look...
'scuse me a second.
I'm back. Over here. I decided to just move over 
to this other set of lounges. The light is better!

Well, I think it's time for me to take a little nap.
I'll be back again next week and perhaps I'll
have a real adventure! 'til then...
"More Waggin' and Less Barkin'!"

6 comments:

  1. Delightful! Tag really does take his pool duties very seriously......... these posts do make me chuckle.
    Thanks for some sunshine from a sunny, but rather chilly county of Cheshire, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tag!! Enjoy your sun and warmth poolside!! It's been as cold as -12 here in Logan, UT. And it's not supposed to warm up anytime soon!! Brrrrrrrr!! Even with a fur coat!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello Raul the Pool Boy. I didn't read anything at all about you having to clean the pool or maintain the ph balance and such. You are a very special Pool Boy to just be able to lounge and enjoy watching the pool and surroundings. "First Responders" really made me laugh...since Buzzards really isn't a very nice sounding name. Keep up the good work Raul...that warmth and sunshine really adds a shine to your gorgeous coat of fur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Tag a.k.a Raul the Pool Boy,
    Its always good for a Floridian pool boy... I mean dog dog to keep the fur sun warmed year round. Keep up the hard work :o)
    It has been freezing cold here in Arizona, record lows for a record amount of time. Thankfully it will start warming up in a couple of days!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not help but wonder if your Mom and Dad would adopt me too.
    It seems your pool area is big enough for another person to join you and I just know I could get use to your daily activities.
    Especially enjoying the sunny warm weather.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...that is just a totally funny post! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna