September 11, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Moochin' In The Kitchen...

Farmhouse Pears

Hi, Everybody!

I'm here. You just can't see me yet.
I spent most of my day in our kitchen...hopin' for a tiny morsel of Hickory Hill Farm goodness.
Mom was cannin' pears that were picked right here at the farm!

Me, Waitin' For Farmhouse Pears!

See? I wasn't lyin'. Here I am, my gaze mesmerized by the sight of Mom cuttin' pears. Maybe if I look long enough, she'll lose her concentration and drop one of 'em. Of course, if that happens, I'll have to be ready, because you-know-who is pretty fast, too. She's still behind me, right? Sheesh. Can't a guy get a little breathin' room for his kitchen time? She's like a shadow, I tell ya.

Mom started her cuttin' in the mornin' and she was finished cannin' two batches (5 pint jars each batch) by my dinnertime (Boo and I eat earlier than Mom and Dad), so it was pretty close to 5:00 when she was done.

Ten Pints of Canned Pears
 
Aren't they pretty? Bella and I actually got to test the pears (just a teeny, tiny piece) before Mom put them in the pot with the light syrup she'd made. Don't worry. Mom is fanatic about washin' her hands, which she did before gettin' back to cuttin'. She said these are gonna be really tasty about mid-winter. I think she's right!

She's got more of the pears to cut and can, but she said her hands were a little sore by the time these were done, so she was gonna knock off for the day. I don't blame her. When my paws hurt, all I want to do is lie around on my back with my feet in the air. Can you even imagine Mom doin' that? Nope. I can't either! 

I'd hang around and chat, but really. If Mom is gonna go sit down for a bit with a cup of tea, she's probably gonna have a biscuit handy. (And, I love biscuits, too!!)
 
Now that I'm done moochin' in the kitchen (for now), I'm gonna follow her for a little moochin' in the livin' room! There she goes! Gotta run!
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
 

3 comments:

  1. YUM to the canned pears! Tag you and Boo are such lovin companions to sit and honor mom while she cuts and peels and preps those pears. Shadow is exactly the name of my Granddaughter’s Black Lab. Enjoy your treats dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tag, Mama was canning pears this last weekend also. Since she has to buy hers she didn't do as many. She did get a really good deal at the Farmer's Market though. She had a pear vanilla jam she had been wanting to make so she bought some for it. It smelled so good bubbling on the stove! I also sometimes get a small piece if I watch hard enough... and Mama takes pity on my hungry looking eyes. I've got that look down real good and it gets to her every time. ha She also found some last of the season peaches that she cut up. First she canned a peach rum sauce and then she put two pie pans full of peach slices already sweetened and spiced ready for pie in the freezer when they were frozen she wrapped them up well and put them back. She says it will be like having some sunshine this winter. I can hardly wait! Isn't it nice having moms who can do things like this? Bitabit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry:
    Tag and Bella are never far away when I'm in the kitchen. (I always vacuum before I start preparing food for meals or canning!) It's nice to have the company when Handsome is away or busy with other tasks. The pears are deliciously sweet this year!
    Shadow is a great name for a black lab, too!
    Thanks for visiting, my dear.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna