September 27, 2018

Farmhouse Quilt Nearly Finished...

My Farmhouse Quilt - Detail
 
I worked on my farmhouse quilt again yesterday. I got everything quilted, and just have to add the binding, which I'll do this evening. It's a great "sit and watch TV with Handsome" project.

Farmhouse Quilt - Front and Back Detail

I chose a linen-look cotton fabric for the back. This will be used as a winter curtain, so I didn't want to choose a fabric that would obviously sun-fade. This will just look more "worn" after it's been used.

For most of the quilting, I followed the lines, making them a little uneven, just like the barn board lines in the print. Then, I went back to the interior and sewed over the lettering, leaves, and around the main motifs (chickens, tractor, barn, etc.). I purposely wasn't exact with those either. I wanted them to look less-than-perfect.

Farmhouse Quilt Front
 
Here's the entire front, including the borders. I'll be binding it in the same black/white floral fabric, which I'll cut out later today. I originally wrote about this fabric HERE, in case you'd like to know more about it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cork Fabric Combinations

After an appointment this morning, I'll be coming back to my studio to work on a commission. I have a new eggplant purple cork now, so I'll make my newest style Grab & Go crossbody bags in both print/solid combinations shown above. One will go to its new home, and the other will be available in my online shop. I'll show you what they look like finished tomorrow.

I'd better run now. Lots to do before I turn out the lights tonight! 
Is it the weekend yet? lol See you tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Isn’t it extra special when we make something for our own home or self?!! This pantry curtain is perfect...especially in it’s imperfect quilt stitching. Love the new purple cork fabric. Blissful Sewing...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna