September 10, 2018

Drumroll, Please...

Babylock "Ovation" Serger In My Studio

The box has been in my studio since Thursday, but I was away for an overnight on Friday and Saturday, so she waited patiently in her box. I got home Saturday evening, and was so tired, she still had to cool her heels. Sunday was the big day, though, and I finally made her comfy in the studio.

Babylock "Ovation", Right At Home
 
Welcome to the farm! I'm still working on a name, but the adoption is final and this gorgeous piece of human ingenuity will be a farm girl from now on.

I regretted selling my Evolution as soon as she went out the door of our Florida house, so when I saw the Ovation on sale at Nancy's Notions, Renee K. (in sales) and I had to talk. She gave me a fabulous deal, and when all was said and the deal was done, this larger, more feature-filled machine actually cost me less than the smaller Evolution!

Now, all I have to do it sit down with the owner's manual, watch a few YouTube videos for this machine, and perhaps take a serger class back at the shop! I'll be making Grammies Jammies in style this year!

How did you spend your weekend? The weather started out cloudy on Saturday, but by late morning, the sun was shining, there was a beautiful breeze, and the temperature was perfect. Too perfect. I didn't even think about the fact that I should have worn sunscreen. Man, did I get sunburned.

I like to say that I tan pretty easily. I attribute it to my "swarthy roots" (Pirate joke for another time). If I do get a mild sunburn, I'm usually browned out by the next day. This was a bit more than a mild sunburn, but thankfully, it's limited to the back of my neck (surely, where the term "redneck" originated), my face and across the front where my u-neck shirt couldn't protect me. Day Two and it's still red and little sore. I could kick myself for being careless. I put aloe on it right away, and we'll see if Day Three brings some relief. I'm sure concentrating on learning something new from this machine will help take my mind off it. 

Lots to do this week...beginning with canning pears. Then, I'll be setting up that list I talked about with you. I'll give you more information on that after Tag checks in with you this week. Happy Monday, all y'all! I'm off to the kitchen.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I own an older Imagine, which I love, but if I could have bought a newer serger, I would have bought the Ovation.
    I've used the Evolution and the Ovation in classes, and I found the Ovation much easier to thread. JMO
    I know you will enjoy this machine a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention there is a FB group that can be a lot of help should you need any.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/656341074486799/

    Also Missy Billingsley has a group, and she does a lot of lessons/tutorials so you might want to check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/649468491869460/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This new machine looks like a wonderful addition to your sewing studio. You will be humming right along in no time at all dear. Fall is in the air...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna