September 26, 2018

Sunset On The Farm...

Hickory Hill Farmhouse View - East

Handsome and I spent most of the day indoors. We did a few things in the kitchen, and then moved on to the living room. It was a rainy day, so we wanted to do a few tasks we'd been putting off. (We got everything accomplished, and I'll share photos and explain that soon.)

Hickory Hill Farmhouse View - West

Tag and Bella made sure we stopped in time to give them their dinners, and we rewarded them with a few bits of leftover roast along with their usual kibble and pumpkin. Have you ever heard a dog burp? Hilarious, really! 

Hickory Hill Farmhouse View - Northwest

When it was time to make our dinner, I stopped to look out the window and saw the most beautiful sunset developing to the south of the farmhouse (that's where our kitchen windows are located). I put what I was doing on hold, grabbed my iPhone (no time to dig out my "real" camera), and ran outside. I walked around the house, taking pictures as I went.

Hickory Hill Farmhouse View -South

There was even a line of geese, honking as they flew across my southern view! They're our annual reminder that the weather is changing, and they'll soon head to a warmer southern climate.

Hickory Hill Farmhouse View -West
 
I took all these pictures to share with you, so you can get just a small idea of the majesty that Mother Nature shares with us every day at our little farm. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe that we've landed in such a perfect place to live out the rest of our days. 
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous and Hickory Hill Farm is magical. Splendid Sunset. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view! ( Ahhh, wide open spaces, this gal use to live on a farm a very long time ago. might be a tad bit envious here. )You betcha.
    I am so happy for you and handsome, and your two sweet doggies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna