September 24, 2018

Beautiful Weekend...

Oldest and Youngest
 
What a perfect fall weekend I had! It began with a visit with my youngest sister. I always enjoy time with her, and this visit was no exception. We had a great time, and of course, memorialized the day with a picture together.
 
Drum Room Painting

Handsome and I also put the final coat of paint on the inside of his ground-level storage room. Now for him to choose carpet and shelving. This room will be climate controlled (and comfortable) for storing and setting up his drums. He'll be setting one kit up to play, and I think he needs a chair or two in case anyone (me! me!) wants to sit and listen while he rehearses.
 
Farmhouse Lavender Jelly

After putting the final coat of paint on the new room, Handsome and I each hopped on one of our yard tractors and mowed our yard. It usually takes one person about three hours, so when we both tackle the task it takes (somehow) less than half the time! It was done in no time flat!

On the way back inside, I noticed that my lavender was full of blossoms (and bees, enjoying them), so I thought there may be enough to share. I worked without disturbing the bees and left plenty for them to enjoy. I quickly had enough blossoms for a "short" recipe for Lavender Jelly, so I went inside.

Within an hour, I lifted the finished jars out of their water bath to cool. I now have five small jars of jelly to enjoy or share over the winter. I may be able to make one more small batch after the bees are ready to rest for the winter, but it's okay if I don't. I'll be preparing my garden to sleep under the snow in a few weeks, so the bees still have time to feast among the flowers.

Sunset over Lake Winnebago
 
I took this photograph on my way home from my sister's on Saturday evening. I pulled over to safely take it. It was a perfect day weekend, and I'm happy to have these pictures to remember it.

Dreamstime.com

I hope you had as wonderful a weekend as we did, and that you have a great week ahead, too.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful weekend without a doubt. I had a once-in-a-lifetime weekend that spanned honest fear to complete JOY...I became a Great Grandma. Baby Skyler Anne and Mommy Amber are both doing fine after a very scary experience. Blessed and Loved <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna