September 7, 2018

My Day - Backwards...

Hickory Hill Farmhouse Hickory Syrup

Yesterday was a busy day. Bottles of fresh hickory syrup is how it ended, actually. Right before bed, I took the newly-processed bottles out of the canner and set them out to cool. I'm taking them to my oldest (longest) best friend, Cyd today.

She's here from Georgia to help move her mom out of her apartment. Mom's moving in with her and her husband in Georgia. I'll be spending the next two days with her to help her with the hard stuff...emptying and purging her mother's possessions.

Cyd makes a granola recipe that she and her two sisters developed. (I've known them since they were little, too.) They call it "Three Sisters Granola". Last time Cyd was here, I gave her a bottle of my hickory syrup, which she used in her recipe. She said it's better than the maple syrup she's used in the past, and they may need to change the recipe to "Four Sisters Granola"! hee hee Anyway, she needs more syrup, so I'm happy to oblige.

Moving Into The Studio
 
Handsome had to travel about an hour away to pick up some electronics he had out for repair, so I rode with him. When he was finished, we drove sixty miles south of there to Nancy's Notions in Beaver Dam to pick up this...
 
I have a new "baby"lock moving into the studio. This is the Ovation serger. Babylock discontinued this model, but the replacement is just like it, except that the new one has an auto needle threader and name. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same, and Nancy's was having a fabulous sale on this one!
 
Score one for me! I traded in my little Imagine Wave serger (also Babylock) which brought the price down even more. When all was said and done, it cost me less than I paid for the Evolution (Evvie) that I sold a couple of years ago (and regretted ever since). Now I have a larger, newer, better model than she was (sorry, Evvie), and I can't wait to play with her.
 
Playtime will have to wait until I get back from Cyd's mom's, so I likely won't open the box until late Saturday, or Sunday. Once I get her set up, I'll share photos, but in the meantime...What shall I name her? Ideas?

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Normally I don’t suggest names because they are personal...however I feel Nancy is her name to remind you of the great deal you got and the wonderfu inspiration Nancy Zieman has been to ol who sew. Just my two cents worth. <3 Bless you for helping your friend Cyd and for supplying her with Hickory Syrup. Enjoy your time together dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syrup looks good.Oooh another naming,how about Olivier-Grace ,the graceful overlocker.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna