September 5, 2018

A Perfect Day...

Tag On The Way To His Dental Appointment

Tuesday began early for Tag and me. He had a dental appointment to have his teeth cleaned, along with vaccines that were due, and clipping his toenails. He had to be at the vet's between 6 and 7 am, which means I had to get up early to take him.

Once we got there, he started charming the ladies who work there, and they sent me on my way until they would call. I was to expect a call after he came out of the anesthetic. I drove back home to busy myself until someone called.

Tuesday's Canning Project

I prepped fresh rhubarb last night so that I could jar it up today. (Fresh rhubarb mixed with sugar, and then let it sit overnight to draw out the juice.) When I got back home, I took it out of the refrigerator and popped it on the stove to bring up to a boil. I'd already prepared the jars, and when all was said and done, ended up with three quarts and one half pint. I can use this for any number of things this winter, and it saves me precious freezer space by canning it.

I took the leftover juice, strained it, brought it back up to a boil, and bottled it as a rhubarb simple syrup. (I'll be making more of this, too!) I can imagine adding this to a tonic water this winter for a sweet taste of summer!

My Stitching Progress

I received the call from the vet's office, telling me Tag did great and there were no problems. (whew)  I could pick up my boy around 1:30, so I went to the studio to stitch for a while and worked on my little weekly freebie blocks.

I completed one, and made real progress on a second before i was time for me to get Tag and bring him back home.

He was raring to go home with me, so I paid his "spa tab" and we left. He was a little out of it, so I kenneled him and went back to my needlework for a bit. I heard Handsome start to mow our lawn (which usually takes one person at least a couple of hours). There was a chance of rain in the forecast, so I went outside and got out our small riding lawnmower to help. We had the job done in no time, and we managed to avoid the rain, which fell to the south of us.

Our Evening Rainbow
 
We let the dogs out to run, and as we turned to go back into the house, we were treated to a beautiful rainbow. What a perfect way to end our perfectly wonderful day.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Whew is right dear. I can read the relief in your post. Sounds like a Perfect Day with Perfect Balance. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna, I am so glad things went well. After Fezzik it must be so hard to let Tag be put under for ANY reason.
    Your canning adventures have looked amazing! I am going to be doing some this week and next for the first time in years. I am finally feeling up to it and have been seeing all the small batch canning people do these days. I have always felt canning was getting bushels and bushels of produce and spending weeks of doing nothing else from day to night for weeks like my mother did. I have produce ripening for three recipes and I am so excited. You helped get me to this point. Thank you so much, TerriSue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from your house is beautiful Donna.I live in the middle of town and although I love it,I sometimes yearn for a bit of sky and grass.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna