February 15, 2018

Playing With Cork...

Brynwood Cork Luggage Tags
 
I played with my cork yesterday, and decided to show you what I'm working on. Don't look for perfect stitching on these. I was playing, but not using my edge stitch foot on my machine. Obviously, it's a foot I should keep handy!

Each tag is made with cork on each side, and a heavy duty vinyl window stitched on the front. They'll also have a tiny, belt-like strap in matching cork.

Anyway...Now that I've created my templates, I'll definitely be making more in different cork prints and colors to list in my shop. I'm just waiting for buckles to arrive so I can make the straps to attach these to luggage, etc. I'll share photos of the completed tags early next week.
 
Valentine's Day At Our House
 
Handsome gave me a beautiful card and box of chocolates for Valentine's Day. Of course, he knows my favorite variety is Whitman's. Once empty, what better box is there for a needleworker, but one that says "sampler" on the outside? I just use my labelmaker so I know what each box holds after I put them up on the shelf. It's a gift that keeps on giving...the best kind!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and practical luggage tags. Sweet Handsome to honor your Valentine wishes. Gifts that keep on giving are the best...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna