February 28, 2018

Border Fabric Chosen...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critters Project Threads and Borders
 
I had a great time yesterday at Primitive Gatherings, and as expected, the ladies were extremely helpful. Lisa (Bongean, owner and designer of Primitive Gatherings) suggested a few browns for the outer border and binding, and I loved her choice. (See the brown on the right side of the above image.) I purchased what I needed and brought it home with me.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Example of Lisa's Big Stitch Quilting
 
We also talked about colors for hand quilting the different sections of the quilt (when I finally get to that point). She suggested using the "big stitch" technique (and showed me a sample on one of her finished quilts).

I'll cut the border pieces and start working on the applique' pieces that will be stitched onto it. The borders will be added to the quilt after the appliques' are finished, so I'd better get busy!

I'll share more pictures from yesterday when I see you tomorrow. So many beautiful pieces to show you! These are really talented ladies! Let me know what you think about the brown border (and the idea to use the "big stitch" quilting technique). See you tomorrow!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Yes the brown selected will highlight each Wooly Critter block and look excellent. I also really like the big stitch for the hand quilting. You are creating an heirloom Donna Dear. Enjoy your day with Balance and Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna