November 18, 2017

A Rare Day...

Brynwood Sewing Studio
 
If you create anything at all, you know how your creative space can get away from you. I refer to it as "creative chaos". Lately, it's looked like a bomb had gone off in this room. I had to take a little time to bring some order back into my sewing studio. (We won't look in the fabric studio today, though.)

This is a panoramic scan using my iPhone, so you'll notice a little distortion. One hundred year old farmhouse floors aren't quite that curvy! 

I was standing in the doorway to my space when I shot this image. Immediately to my left is my pattern file cabinet, filled as usual with fat quarters, patterns and some kits. It's sitting next to my Ikea cabinet with the glass-front drawers. I use this as my "local" cutting table (my big cutting table for cork, etc. is in the fabric studio in the next room). 

The door on the left side of the room leads to the walk-up attic, which will eventually be a guest room/bunk house for when our grandkids, nieces or nephews come to visit. You might notice my newly painted shelf mounted on the wall. I really like it there. 

Kenny and my little serger sit on the table in front of the south window. When I'm sitting at my Destiny table, I can see out that window to our driveway. Tag makes sure no one ever sneaks up on us, so when he lights up I just have to look out the window to see who's on the drive.

Next to that window is my drawer stack. These were purchased in Florida from a scrapbook store, and that was the intended function. They work perfectly for holding my bag hardware, a few stamps and other supplies. The rest of my hardware and KamSnaps sit in drawers on the countertop. Everything is within easy reach of my sewing tables for efficiency. The cabinets hide hold shipping supplies, bookkeeping binders, my sewing notes/hand drawn patterns, and office supplies.

Of course, you can see my computer, printer and tool box on the table facing our back yard. The new door with it's much-appreciated window still haven't been painted, but it lets in light, and in front of it is the perfect place to take photos in natural light. 

Jane sits on her Sew Eze table in front of my thread cabinets and a bookshelf, and the last thing on that side is a closet for things I don't need sitting out. If it were a little larger, some of the other items that are in the room would be in the closet, but farm closets were built smaller. I think I'll have some shelves put in them to make it easier to get at what's in there, but that's a project for another day.

Now that I'm reorganized, I will be sewing today. It's supposed to be rainy yucky today, so sewing will be just what the doctor ordered.


Before I go today, you may have noticed that your comments weren't showing up as soon as you hit the send button. I had been getting a bunch of spam written in languages I don't read, so I set the moderation to "always", which means nothing posts unless I give permission. Then, I promptly forgot that I did that and hadn't been checking. I'm such a doof! It was brought to my attention last night, so I went to see whether or not there was a problem. I had NINETY TWO comments to moderate. I'm so embarrassed! 
 
Thank you to everyone who left comments. I'll try to catch up and respond to everyone over the weekend. I'm going to sew for a while now (she says as she scuffs her toe and slowly backs away). See you tomorrow!

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Fun to see your room! I'm glad you mentioned about the comments - I thought it was odd that I was the only one leaving you any!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Awesome space...and that doesn't even include your fabric storage. WOW again!!! It's always such a good feeling to have things organized, isn't it? My room will be needing a bit of help after the holidays. Have fun being creative! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome work space, Donna!! It is beautiful and you are very blessed!! Thank you for sharing, it inspires me for when it is time to get my Studio done!! I think enough of the roof is going up today (the heavy felt) so I MIGHT be able to start painting the floor on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also wondering if you were blocking comments. I enjoy reading what others relate to. Your sewing room is heaven and shows how you are able to be so very creative and productive with your amazing projects. I am inspired by your organization. Tag is such a comfort and good protector!!! Blissful sewing today dear...xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a neat space, and a great size! I don't have that much room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna