October 14, 2017

My Friday The 13th...

Enamelware For The Farmhouse

I had a fabulous October Friday the 13th. It began with another great FaceBook Marketplace find. I'm only sharing a sneak peek of my purchase today. I'll photograph everything in daylight, and you'll fall for these pieces as quickly as I did. I'll tell you all about them on Monday.

Grape Jam 2017 Finished
 
After my purchase, I met my pal, Kathy to give her a beautiful bag of fabric Shelly gave me. Shelly asked if I knew anyone who does charity sewing, and Kathy immediately came to mind. To enhance her charitable sewing, Kathy has a longarm machine so she does all the quilting for her pieces, too.
I called Kathy earlier this week, and we arranged to have lunch together. Kathy appreciated receiving the fabrics, and will make children's quilts to donate. Perfect!
When I got back home, I started cleaning the last of the grapes we picked earlier in the week. When I was ready to start making the jam, Handsome came in and dug right in to help. In the end, we canned another eleven half pints together.
So, twenty pounds of grapes on the stems cleaned up to fourteen pounds for preparing. Fourteen pounds of prepared grapes made nineteen half pint jam jars and three pint jars. I'd say that's a fine yield for a little more "summer in a jar". Don't you agree?
All in all, I'd say that I had a wonderful Friday the 13th. No superstition at the farmhouse. I wish everyone could be so blessed.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna