October 27, 2017

I've Got Sunshine...

Talented Second Son

Yesterday, Second Son arrived at the farm with a new door for my sewing studio. I've been waiting almost eight weeks for it to arrive, and I'm very excited that it finally came in.

Sewing Studio Door - Before

I didn't take a picture of the door before he started work, but I looked through old photos and found exactly one that showed it before. Once my studio was populated, the corner with this door was dark - even with the track lights. I needed a new door with a window, so I made the request, and our son, who is a carpenter, made it happen.

Sewing Studio Door -After

My beautiful new door allows light in throughout the day, and will bathe the room until the sun sets behind the woods at the top of the hill. I'm so happy with it.
 
It's a wooden door, and it's unfinished, so in the next few weeks, I'll prime and paint it to match the rest of the woodwork. I'll show it to you when it's all painted, but I just had to share my excitement with you right away. I know you understand.
 
I've Got Sunshine!!!

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant new door and what a wonderful son you have to be so handy. I love the light shining into your creative space. Sunshine Smiles Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! And, by the way...you ARE sunshine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new door is wonderful! Your sewing room is so much brighter because of your combined efforts, your idea , and talented son's skills. What a marvelous farmhouse you have enhanced & added charm and love to. Very happy for you & your mister, and Tag & Bella too!! Many hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great addition to your studio. Good thinking....I don’t know if I would have thought to do it. Much success in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That door was an excellent idea. I did the same thing in my sewing area. Made all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna