October 30, 2017

Counting My Blessings...

Aunt Donna with Great Nephew Ethan 2001

This photograph was taken of my great-nephew with me in 2002 or 2003, shortly before Handsome and I sold our Wisconsin home to move to Florida full time. I have another photo from the same day of Ethan, his cousin Julian and our grandson, all being cuddled by me the same day. All three boys were born the same year.

Another Favorite - circa 2010

Almost every trip back to Wisconsin I've managed to spend some time with my niece (Ethan's mom), and Ethan. He's a wonderfully sweet and intelligent boy, and I cherish the time I spend with him.

When his mom was little, I spent time with her, too. Just last evening she was enumerating some of the memories she has of times we did things together. It warmed my heart. Now, I'm sharing time with her son and it's a blessing, indeed.

Ethan - October 27, 2017
 
This past weekend, Ethan came to stay overnight with me at the farm. He helped me with a few chores that I needed another pair of hands to accomplish, but we mostly caught up on his life and how school's going (very well, thank you). 
 
He also asked about a few things in my studio, and he showed interest in having one of the key fobs I made. Rather than just give it to him, I asked if he'd like to know how to make one. He was more than enthused about the idea, so we chose the materials together, I explained how Destiny works, and he sat down and sewed his chosen ribbon to the webbing. When that was finished, he added the hardware (under my guidance), and in no time at all, he had his finished key fob. He was pretty proud of himself, and happy with his creation.

On Sunday, my sister showed up with her family. Two of the boys from that old photo were together at our home (Ethan and Julian), and it made me with our grandson had been here, too. My goal now is to get all three boys together again so we can recreate that image with their auntie/grandma. I'll have to work on that.
 
Handsome called me after dinnertime last night to let me know he arrived at his Florida destination safely. We've kept in contact the entire trip, but it's always great to know the cross country drive has been safely accomplished (Thank you, Lord). He starts rehearsals right away tomorrow morning. Fun times. 

This week, I'll be back in the studio; doing a little painting (more on that later); and catching up on some homekeeping and book work. First, I'm going to count my blessings.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Your move back to Wisconsin and connecting with family once again is indeed a blessing. I think Ethan will be wanting to spend more time at Hickory Hill Farm with his Auntie. Sewing his own key fob is fabulous. Thankful Handsome and Bella are safely in Florida. Marvelous Monday to you Sweet Donna...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna