March 11, 2016

Switching Colors...

Black Lab Embroidery

I'm working on an embroidered piece for a client. She requested a chocolate Labrador retriever. I gave her a number of Labrador head and body embroideries from which to choose, and she loved this one. I admit, it's a great face. My job was to convert the color key to resemble a chocolate, rather than black dog.

Brynwood Needleworks - Chocolate Lab Embroidery
 
The machine stitching is complete now. I did add some thread painting to the nose and eyes to give it a bit more dimension, and now I'm really happy with the result. (I shot this image slightly off axis, so it appears shorter than it actually is.)

I have to do some pre-election/clerk work this morning, but I'll be piecing and assembling the rest of this project this afternoon and evening. I'll share the result with you next week.
 
Edited Web Image

Oh, it's that time of year again. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour before you hit the hay tonight. (An hour less sleep. Just what I need. Yeah...not really.)

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful embroidery of a Chocolate Lab face. Thank you for doing civic duty at the elections. Soggy Saturday here...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna