January 3, 2014

First Finish Of The New Year...

 I was so happy to spend some time in the studio yesterday. I made a
new Sewing Organizer to use as a model for classes I'll be teaching.
 I chose Moda's Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" fabrics from my stash. 
The outside fabric reminded me of colorful swim rings, so I decided
 to add some of my beach cabin tape from LillaLotta to the outside.
 The lining and binding is done in another Moda fabric in red and white polka
dots. (Thinking, "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny" polka dot bikini...but not yellow.)
 By dinnertime, I was finished sewing on the binding! I'll take it over 
to the shop so they can start signing up students for me to teach.
 If you're interested in making an organizer of your own, you can visit
my Craftsy shop (Brynwood Needleworks) to get your own pattern.
If you look for my listings by my name, search for Brynwood Donna.
(There's a quick link to my Craftsy shop in my left sidebar.)

Well, I'm happy to have spent a little time in the studio and finish my first
 project of the new year. Today, I'll be checking in with the Coffee Club.
Nothing like a few hours with the girls to kick off the weekend!
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh lovely fabric choice for this sewing kit. Just a quick comment here as I need to read through a few more posts and don't want you to think I'm stalking you. (But I am.) heeeheee evil laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!! Oh wow, I do love that Basic Grey fabric!

    A Happy New Year to you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics and how you have coordinated them with the beach cabin tape. I am inspired to make mine from your Craftsy pattern (however I must get other things done first). Wonderful Weekend Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling organizer, Donna!! I love the perky fabrics and my very favorite - DOTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Finish! I am barely on a First Start!! It is lovely Donna - and will be such a great class. Those organizers are always such a good idea, and a treat to make for yourself. Good luck with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna it's darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna