January 16, 2014

Cases Or Sleeves?...

 I had great fun in the studio yesterday. I got this far on a number
of my tablet "assembly line" pieces, and then I started to rethink.
 At this point, my tablet cases would be considered "sleeves".
 The main fabric is embellished and padded. Then, I
lined them with soft, pretty flannel to protect the tablet.
 What I'm rethinking is whether to keep them just like this - as sleeves.
 Or to add the padded, lined flap with the velcro closure.
 If I add the flap, the "sleeves" become "cases".

Many people (women) slip their iPads and Kindles into
a tote bag or handbag when they carry them, so I
wonder if the flap is necessary. More work, but would
they bring more money for the guild, too? I can't decide.

Sleeve or Case. hmmm

What do you think?
To flap, or not to flap? 
That is the question.
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Donna, I made a sleeve for my Kindle and love it like that...easy in and out. I also have a sleeve for my cellphone, and when they are in my purse/tote, it's super easy to just reach in and pull them out...or slip them back in one-handed. Your sleeves look wonderful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...personal preference applies here. Since I have no tablet or fancy fone I have no experience with sleeve vs. case. I would think a flap would hinder quick access. Your iPad and Kindle sleeves are beautiful in your signature style of elegance. Blissful Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. IPads are slippery little buggers so I appreciate the closure on mine so it doesn't accidentally slip out when my handbag tips over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would want the flap, I do have a cell phone and don't like it when it falls out of my holder. Whatever you decide though, I know it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for 'with flap'. My purse is such a hodge-podge that bits and pieces might fall into the case without a flap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna