December 5, 2013

Tiny Treasures...

 When I got to our guild Christmas party on Tuesday night, my friend,
Linda S., handed me a little plastic bag with these items inside. She said,
"These were all of Flo's needles and a couple of thimbles. You were the
first person I thought of when I saw them, so I'd like you to have them."

I was humbled. I opened the package to look at the needles. There were
 lots of loose ones that were separated into other ziplocs labeled by size.
When I got home, I put those loose needles into three of my wooden
needlecases to keep them organized. Then I took a closer look at the thimbles.
 I've never seen a thimble like this one. It's sort of rubbery and one
could see that Flo had used it a lot. I cleaned it up and then tried it on.
 A perfect fit! I sort of felt like Cinderella at the ball. I'll definitely
wear it when I stitch and I'll imagine our dear friend close to me.

Thank you again, Linda, for gifting me with Flo's tiny treasures.
Each stitch I take with them will be in Flo's memory.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. How thoughtful for someone to give you such a precious gift. I have never seen a thimble like that either, it certainly looks like it would be a dandy. Enjoy the memories while you stitch friend, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flo will be very happy knowing her tiny treasures will be used in your stitchings she helped teach you. That was very thoughtful of Linda to gift them to you. Joy-Flo Stitching Cinderella...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Donna, I can see your friend Flo using them. My mom had something similar that she wore when she did hand quilting. You can put them all to very good use. A wonderful gift to you. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna