September 5, 2026

Tomato, Tomoto...

This Labor Day weekend will get underway for me by processing a bushel of tomatoes into canned stewed tomatoes.

There'll be nothing better than opening a jar of lovely local tomatoes this winter for homemade spaghetti, chili, or other delicious dishes. A little work now for a big payoff later.

I'd better hop to it  a bushel is about fifty two pounds of tomatoes. I'm going to be at this for more than a minute. I hope you have a great weekend!!

 

5 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!
    Have a fun time with your canning.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be a busy girl dealing with all this! I can just imagine the wonderful smell in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckets of goodness.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This truly will be a LABOR day weekend for you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your canning!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna