Month Number Nine of 2026, and we're off to the races. Another August to remember as another loved one with medical emergencies. I've been hesitant to mention this, so I apologize that this will be vague.
I'm not sharing many details, mainly because we have no idea how it happened. I'll just say this started August 19th, that it required an ambulance ride, three weeks in ICU, some time in a regular hospital room, and future months in a physical rehabilitation facility.
This is a close family member who was alone at the time everything happened, and this was definitely not self-inflicted. I need to stop there, but our family has spent hours trying to figure this out. As that's not possible, we pray a lot, and there are many correspondences and trips to the hospital. It's been (understandably) very stressful for our entire family.
For this reason, I've canceled my planned knee replacement surgery for October. Handsome is always my caregiver post-op, and I will not ask him to split his travel and concern between two people and places. Instead, I'm going to be supporting him.
Today will be a restful stitching day. I'll be in my happy place with my love and our girls. I think it's exactly what we need right now.
Here's to a better month. (Prayers and good wishes are appreciated.)


So sorry to hear that this has become something that requires continuing medical assistance and oversight. Praying you will all see a full recovery and maybe even some answers, and that you will take it easy on your knee until you can get it dealt with (and that you won't have to go through all that preadmission testing again!) Otherwise... Hurray, it's September! 😊
ReplyDeleteHi Lois-
DeleteThe worst part is not knowing. They have no memory to be able to tell us. I'm going to take measures to protect my knee, and I've planned to take October off from work, so that may help. (Hoping they find out how valuable I am, too, but not holding my breath). Thank you for your prayers, dear.
Hugs,
Donna