As I told you yesterday, my Sunday drive began hours earlier than actually necessary. As I came off our hill, my view was beautifully sunny, with autumnal fog lying across the marsh. I thought it looked magical.
I drove the by-pass around Fond du Lac and continued west toward Portage. Within mere miles of Fondy, the "beautiful, autumnal fog" developed into a pea soup-thick blanket that stretched for about fifty of the remaining sixty seven mile trip. I gripped the steering wheel so tightly that my hands actually hurt when I finally stopped (the first time) at Adrienne's.
After eating breakfast in downtown Portage at (what else?) the Portage Café, I took the scenic route through a town near and dear to my heart I ended up at Silver Lake, located on the north side close to my last apartment before I moved back here and met Handsome.
I pulled into the beach parking lot and turned my Explorer off. I opened my windows and enjoyed the view. A solitary pontoon boat cruised around the shoreline, occupied by a guy and his dog.
Soon after, a dad pulled in with his young son. Both of them carried fishing poles down to the water, as dad recited the rules of the day..."First fish wins", "Biggest fish wins." and "Most fish wins." I never did see them reel one in. Apparently nothing was biting, and they didn't stay long.
I enjoyed the view until about twenty minutes before everyone would be arriving at Adrienne's, so I put on my seat belt, smiled a farewell, and left Silver Lake not knowing when or if I'll ever return. Serendipity brought me there. Purpose would have to bring me back. I'm glad I took photos to remind me of my well-spent morning, though.
Oh, and thankfully, the fog burned off completely by the time I made my return trip home. "No fog" was the best ending to a perfect day.



0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!
Blessings, Donna