September 10, 2026

They're Still Here...

One of three feeders on the front porch

Sorry my post is late today. Google wasn't uploading my images. Anyhow, I wanted to share a couple photographs of our wee hummers who are still visiting my feeders.

I've been changing out the nectar and cleaning the feeders to make sure they get safe food as they fatten up for their long migration south.

Feeder outside the pantry sink window.

I leave the feeders out well past the last sighting, just to be sure any stragglers are nourished. We've had at least three (probably more) here all summer. 

I've read that they remember where the feeders are placed from year to year, and they return to them. Also that they remember faces. I like that thought a lot because they're never far away when we're rehanging the feeders, and sometimes they even hover around us when we're outdoors.

So, I'll continue feeding these little bugs this season, and look forward to their return next year and beyond.

 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna