September 11, 2026

Everything But The Acorn...

Our granddaughter's brooch is finished, save for adding Grandma's signature acorn to the back.

I used silver-finished kid leather for the backing, and a pin back to secure it to her gown or bouquet.

Grandpa and I will give this to her at the upcoming couples' shower. I'm also working on a large lap quilt for them. I'll be shooting for their shower date of September 25th. Once again, I'm going to be busy. sigh

We actually had a cool wedding gift planned, but found out that it's not going to work. The kid's bought a duplex as their starter home, which we think is smart and practical. So was our idea.

We wanted to gift them a quarter beef share, which necessitated a freezer for storage. We asked their dad to slyly find out if that would work. He contacted us yesterday to inform us that, not only is there no freezer (which could easily be rectified), but having no basement, there's no space in the house to accommodate one either.

So now we have to rethink our plan and come up with a new one. Any ideas from my wise and creative readers? Let me know.

 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna