I was just a busy beaver yesterday! I worked my 6 am to 10 am shift, but came home with purpose. Number One on my list was the lap quilt. I had to split my attention, though, so Handsome helped with that.
I changed clothes as soon as I got home, and then retired to my studio. As I'd already pinned my "quilt sandwich", it was "just" a matter of choosing thread and sewing. But, I had another project to run at the same time.
Two days ago I bought fifteen pounds of McIntosh apples from a local grower who brings bags to the station. I wanted to get them processed into applesauce before they went bad.
I enlisted the help of my dear husband. We got out a Nesco roaster, washed and quartered the apples and set them out on the porch to cook down. All I added was a bit of lemon and some spring water. While I sewed, Handsome monitored and stirred the apples. They simmered all afternoon.
I completed sewing on the quilt binding and preparing it for hand sewing while he made dinner for us. We were both finished at the same time. I turned off the apples and we had our evening meal.
After dinner, he did cleanup and I processed the apples into applesauce. Back on the stovetop with only a tablespoon of cinnamon and half a cup of sugar, those beautiful apples were turned into five quarts of applesauce. Talk about teamwork! A half hour later (at about 10:30), I covered the jars to seal overnight and headed to bed.
I picked up a shift for 10 am to 2 pm today, so I'm on my way out the door now. Can't wait to tell you how today goes. Gotta run...



0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!
Blessings, Donna