First, let me apologize for my inconsistent posts. These new hours are wonderful, but this night owl is in bed by 10 on work days, and sometimes I just forget to post first. I'll try to do better.
This month's craft day was yesterday - a Sunday for a change. Of course, I didn't read the info carefully, so I arrived at 9 am to find it didn't start until 1 pm. sigh I realized my error when no other cars were at Adrienne's.
Rather than ring the doorbell, I checked the messages to find the time change. I drove in to Portage and had breakfast at the downtown cafe. Then I drove around town a bit. I found a small lake near where I used to live and sat and read until it was time to meet up with the ladies. It was a perfect day for a little lake time.
This month, our project was a fall/Halloween floral arrangement in upcycled tin cans. Can you tell which one is mine? 🤭
Adrienne went with a skeleton/ghost theme.
Kim also chose little ghosts.
Linda added a pumpkin to her ghost arrangement.
I'm not much of a Halloweener. We've actually never lived in a place where we had trick or treaters, and although you know I love fall, I've never decorated with skeletons/ghosts, etc, opting for an owl and acorns instead. I painted these and added them to my arrangement.
Marie had a trio of girlie ghosts in her arrangement.
So that's what we all made this month. I got home by around five after a full day in my old stomping grounds. It's amazing how much things change when you haven't been around in about thirty years! (I actually only found my old apartment by the lake by accident!)
I'll share a few photos of that tomorrow. See you then!







I've never been a Halloweener either. But Fall is a whole different story for me.
ReplyDeleteThat was a well spent Sunday. And things sure do change over the years.
And it's Monday again.
Shirley
Hi Shirley-
DeleteI can't believe how fast September came and went. It's been a whirlwind of a month. Whew! Our trees are already turning color, and the air is getting "crisper". I'm loving it!
xoxo
Donna
Another fun project! I've never really decorated for Halloween (perhaps a few little things when the boys were young) but now I'm working on a Halloween-themed landscape so I guess I'll have to display it alongside the haunted house I made last year.
ReplyDeleteHi MA-
DeleteI'm intrigued! I bet your project will be cool. Even though i don't "Halloween", I enjoy seeing what others do. Have fun with it.
xoxo
Donna
Beautiful arrangements! What a fun afternoon after exploring.
ReplyDeleteMay
Hi May!
DeleteThank you! Our neighbor, Shelly always brings decoration for me, so this one is for her. I hope she likes it. It really was a lovely day.
xoxo
Donna
They are all so pretty!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea.
Marilyn
Hi Marilyn-
DeleteThank you, dear.
xoxo
Donna