I completed piecing my quilt top Sunday afternoon, but needed Handsome's assistance to get it photographed. Measuring 64" square, I was too short vertically challenged to hold it up to get a pic. He was more than happy to oblige.
I went into my magic drawer and found just enough of the dark Farmhouse Flannels fabric to accomplish the border. whew!
Once that was done, I found another assortment from the same line, so I decided to piece together enough 4-1/2" squares to create the binding for it. I'm going to cut this into two long 2-1/4" strips, which will give me the length I need. I hope I like the unconventional binding, because I don't think I have enough left of the line for an alternative.
So when I get home from work today, I'll change from my work clothes into my play clothes and get the top, batting, and back set up to assemble the quilt for sewing.
Before I call it a day, I'll have the binding attached, leaving just the hand stitching - and adding the label. Yippee!



0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!
Blessings, Donna