September 16, 2026

May Be My Next Insect...

I came across this image of a beautiful Sphinx moth while perusing Facebook and was really taken with the colors and shading.

While you already know my next needlework project will be the goldfinch wall hanging, I think this will be on my butterfly/moth to do list in 2027. Isn't it beautiful?

I'm working on the "couples lap quilt" at the moment, and will share photos when it's complete. Lots to do in a short time. Gotta run...

 

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors! It’s a coral shade on my screen and I see nice browns, blacks creams and green. Will you use silks? Charlene in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene-
      Yes. I think it would've lovely done in silks.
      Hugs,
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such amazing talent out there.
    Beautiful colors and shading.
    Looking forward to the Goldfinches, one of my favorite little birds.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley-
      This one was by nature's hand...the ultimate artist. It's real. I would use it as my guide to do one in needlework. I'm looking forward to the finches, too!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The Moth is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      This one is the real thing, but I definitely want to embroider one!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna