I got a lot accomplished last weekend. I canned 34 pounds of tomatoes for starters. Twenty pounds became stewed tomatoes, and seventeen pounds were canned as crushed tomatoes.
I cleaned, cored, and froze the other 15 pounds (the balance of the bushel I purchased) to deal with later. One quart didn't seal (my fault because I didn't put it on securely), so I made spaghetti for dinner. Nothing like fresh tomato sauce.
I took the day off on Sunday, so yesterday was my baking day. One loaf will go up the hill for Andy and Shelly, and another will go to Dawn and Pete (bartered for pints of freshly-pickled, home-grown beets). The rest are for our freezer until we need them.
I was up in the dark today to work my shift, but banana nut bread is in my future. The bananas are "ready". The rest of my day is up for grabs.
I hope you had a great weekend. I'll be back tomorrow.



Oh my, you were a busy little bee! All those jars (and bread too!) look pretty wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWell that is a Labor Weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks so good.
Great barter for the beets.
Shirley
Everything looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn