July 23, 2024

A Little Sunshine Stitchery...

The weather was perfect yesterday. The sunshine and mild breezes beckoned me outside all morning. By afternoon, I knew it was time to indulge for a while. 

I grabbed my thread box and a few scraps of linen and just followed my muse. I listed to music and visited with the little wren who has a nest in one of the birdhouses. She is a talker!


A little while later, I had a tiny bouquet of lavender finished. I can actually smell the lavender in the kitchen garden as I sit here. The breeze was in the right direction with me downwind. 

Claudette decided to bring a mouse onto the porch. Thankfully, she hadn't harmed it (yet). I told her what a good girl she was so she wouldn't run away from me. Even so, I did have to follow her around the porch until she was close enough for me to grab her by the scruff of the neck. Once I did, she dropped the mouse and it scurried away. I was glad that Crystal was off in another direction so she missed the exchange, or she would have certainly chased that frightened poor mouse.

I put Claudette in the house and then coaxed Crystal in, too. That way the mouse stood a chance of making a safe escape. They were confined to quarters (despite their noisy protestations) for the rest of the day.

I'm not sure how I'll finish this needlework. Perhaps a lavender sachet would be most appropriate. Yes. I think so. I work today, so I'll think more about that when I get home. This was just the ticket for me for now, though.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found some stitching to do.
    It will make a nice sachet.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Just what I needed. I'll embellish the edges of the sachet when I assemble it over the weekend. I'll share my finish next week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is the cutest little bouquet! Glad to see Mojo decided to be a bit more helpful today! (-: And you even got to participate in a little Cat & Mouse game... ick. I'm pretty sure the mouse was a love offering from Claudette to assist with getting your mojo back.... (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thanks, dear! It was nice, even if for a little bit. As for the mouse, I'm glad it wasn't injured. Last summer when I took a chipmunk from Claudette, the scared chippy bit me. Man that stung! This mouse ran off the porch and disappeared into the center of one of the bushes before I could get Claudette inside. I've learned to grab my leather garden gloves before attempting relocations anymore. I feed those two cats every day, so I'm not too thrilled when they "gift" me...especially when it's on the porch. ugh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. aaaaah - just what the doctor ordered for you! Your stitched lavender is the only way I dare enjoy it, at least not close up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It is fragrant. While I love the scent, I can appreciate that it may be too strong for some people. I promise I'll remember not to send any of that your way, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day. I can just picture it from your excellent description.
    Perfect tiny stitch.
    And Claudette, no one likes mouse breath.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      It really was. I even took a short nap in the sunshine. aaahhhh. Thanks. I'm glad you like the little lavender bouquet. I'm laughing out loud about "mouse breath". Ain't that the truth?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna