July 10, 2024

Off 'Til Friday...

These are the flower tops from the onions in my garden. As with garlic, removing the flower stems allows the plant to put its energy back into the bulb, rather than into the flower. However, they really were too pretty to just toss, so I put water into a mason jar to enjoy them a little longer.

Like onions and garlic, if I continue to take the extra distractions out of my environment, I'll be able to put more energy into the important parts. That continues to be my plan. I'm still decluttering, but while it's hot outside, I'm going to do more "low energy" pursuits. I'll let you know tomorrow what I decided to work on.

I don't work again until Friday - and I picked up a full day instead of just the usual three evening hours -  so I'll be enjoying my time off with Handsome. We're waiting to get him to the doctor, sooner rather than later. In the meantime, thanks for your good wishes. We can always use all the positive thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. The onion tops are actually pretty!
    Rest up for that full day of work.
    More positive thoughts for Handsome.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      I love the way they look, too. I'll likely not be at work Friday. My entire schedule got tossed into a cocked hat. Will explain soon. Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Definitely sending positive thoughts for your Handsome. Enjoy your extra time off and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Prayers greatly appreciated. More soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The onion tops are pretty.
    Enjoy your time off.
    Continued good thoughts and prayers for Handsome.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much dear. Best laid plans... sigh
      More later.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna