July 25, 2024

July Classmate Dinner Gathering...

Our group was a little smaller this month. One of our regulars fell off her bicycle and broke her forearm. First, let me say "Kudos, kid!" I consider myself fortunate if I don't fall down putting on my underwear in the morning! I'm not making light of her injury as she had surgery to repair it yesterday, but man, I admire her vitality for even trying to continue to ride.

Other classmates were out of town, and one is undergoing chemo. Her treatment was yesterday, so she wasn't up to joining us. We pray for her every day.

As usual, our group had a great time catching up. One of us took a cruise to Alaska, while the rest of us stuck close to home. Others will be traveling to the east coast soon, so we'll have something new to talk about when they return. We talk about our grandkids, families, (sometimes) aches and pains, and of course, this time they all wanted updates about Handsome. 

We all care deeply about each others families and lives, and I think that's one of the nicest things about our entire group. We chose the date for our next dinner before going our separate ways, and we're all already looking forward to the next time. Old friends really are the best!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got together with friends.
    Continued positive thought for Handsome.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. It's always nice to be with these fine people.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Old friends...the blessings of being known and loved, and loving them. 😊BTW, I think you look great in that picture (even though you probably think your hair is longer than you'd like 😉) You can tell everyone in that picture is young at heart! It radiates from your faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      You're so right, dear. I'd already have short short hair again if it weren't for Di pushing me to grow it longer. We'll see just how long I can tolerate this. I'm not optimistic. We all do feel young at heart - even when our bones are telling us we're nuts. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You can see the enjoyment of the occasion on everyone's faces. I'm so glad you have been able to keep connections with friends from school. There won't be any of that happening in my life because I truly don't want to see anybody I went to school with so I envy you just a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We do have a good time together. Handsome is like you. He loves gathering with his old school band mates, but the rest of the school experience he'd rather forget.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I agree a thousand percent with Magpie, especially the last part.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it, Shirley. It took me about 25 years out of high school to feel completely comfortable. Then, guess what? I became one of the "cool kids". Go figure!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna