March 3, 2023

Late Day Post...

 
Well, this is disappointing, friends. I began work on this right after taking care of the critters this morning, hoping to have two complete bears to post by noon. I'm writing this after 4 pm on a Friday afternoon, with only this much to show for my work.

There's no way my hand will let me push a doll needle through this teddy's arms to attach them to her body, and I had to stop before I stitched her second eye. 

I put an analgesic cream on my hand before I began, and took one of my Rx pain meds to help me soldier through. I'm shaking my head right now. Once the Rx med kicked in I got queasy and had to counter it with a snack. Now I'm icing my hand to cool the burn. These sweet bears are going to have to go on the back burner until I my hand feels better.

Normally, I like to only share my "joyful and creative life", but I know we're all friends here. I want to be truthful as to why I can't accomplish something I really want to finish. Rather than put up a beautiful image with a deep thought or a funny post that's totally unrelated, I'm giving you the reality of my current situation. Even picking up a cup of tea to take a sip can't be done unless I use both hands. 
 
I'm not feeling sorry for myself, and I'm not asking you to either. Tomorrow will be a better day, but today...not so much. I guess it's time to roll into the weekend. I'll have a lot more fun to share with you tomorrow and Monday. For now, I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes our body just knows what's best and we often don't pay as much attention as we should. Maybe your hands are telling you it's a good idea to take some time to have an extended planning session for what projects you want to do once they feel better.
    As for using both hands to pick up a cup I've learned to do that even if my hands aren't sore. Sometimes my thumb(s) will lock up in mid motion resulting in whatever I'm holding hitting the floor so anything to do with hot liquids means I should pay attention.
    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna I am so sorry, I know how frustrating this is. Just remember that no one runs 100% all the time. Hoping you get another call that the Doctor can see you even sooner. That little bear is just a beauty. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Shirley. I just need to listen to my body...as much as I'd rather be up and running. I appreciate your thoughts.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I’m so sorry you are having this issue. Praying for relief for you. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie. You know how much I appreciate your prayers. This too shall pass - eventually.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you can;t do things you love right now.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Me, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh, Donna. I hope you get some relief when you see the doctor. Our hands are important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      Thank you, dear. I couldn't agree more!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. We all have our aches and pains as we get older, my hands are ok, it is my wrists that get me. That comes from over 35 years of checking out groceries. Luckily my wrist braces help - but inconvenient when I have to use them. So sorry to hear about your problem. Hope your hands recover soon, pain is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen:
      I shouldn't complain. There's always someone with a worse affliction. I'm sorry you've got aches, too. The braces (any of them) can be inconvenient, but usually help some. Thanks for your kind wishes. Hoping the same for you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna