March 11, 2023

Even So...

 
My weather widget says we got about nine inches of snow over the past 48 hours or so. This time it wasn't the dry fluffy kind. It was snowman-making snow...heavy and wet. No. I didn't make one, but I did shovel the walk and part of the concrete approach to our garage building while Andy plowed us out. 

I let Tag and Bella outside first thing and while Bella had fun romping around, Tag was not impressed. He was having a most difficult time trying to maneuver to do his business. When everything else was cleared, I shoveled a makeshift path in the snow to give him some relief. I think he was grateful, although with him, one can never be certain. They were both quite happy to leave all this behind and go back into the toasty warm farmhouse.

 
On our way back in, I couldn't help but notice the clear area right next to the house, outside the kitchen windows. This is the sheltered kitchen garden area with a southern exposure. Even following the recent snow dump, I see tulips and hollyhocks already peeking out of the ground. It lifted my spirits to know that we already have signs of the promise of Spring. Something else to look forward to.

8 comments:

  1. We had about 4" of the wet, heavy stuff, a lot melted yesterday.
    Poor Tag, he looks so sunk in the snow.
    I don't have a dog, but I do shovel a path to the bird feeders so that I can fill them. :)
    I haven't seen any flowers coming up yet.
    This past week a lot of waterfowl came back when it got warm.
    I feel bad, a poor Heron has been across the river trying to catch fish, & it got so cold again.
    I've seen Robins too, too cold for them. They are all confused.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We got dumped on again all night Saturday and Sunday. I'm really over it. I've heard and seen geese, and I'm hearing cranes now, too. At this rate, I may have to put out feeders just to help the birds out until this white stuff thaws.
      Stay warm!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Poor Tag! Lucky he has humans to shovel a path for him.
    We got some more snow yesterday but not enough to really measure. Supposed to be a lot more coming on Monday (unless the weather report has changed since I last heard). Getting more snow now than we got most of the rest of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We did, too. It's been snowing since Friday night. I'll have to check to see how much we got exactly, but I'm sure it's over six inches. You're right! I was hoping we were done with it, but now there's more than we've had since November!
      sigh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. And it's headed East. Oh Tag, throw it in reverse and get back in the house.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      He's getting pretty savvy about the snow now. He learned he can chase Bella in the yard right now, either. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: How long and cold this winter has been. Tag is very grateful for you dear to have shoveled a path for him. The promise of Spring and flowers does help our moods. tonight we jump forward an hour. Blessings…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Indeed. I'm greatly anticipating spring this year. Moved the clock forward, so now the inside critters will all be confused! I'll be happy when this current snow dump melts. Our driveway is all messed up from plowing when it last thawed. Should make any further snow clearing this season interesting. Thinking Spring!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna