March 4, 2023

A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do...

 
This is how I we spent most of our Friday night. We were hanging out in the living room, sometimes napping, sometimes watching mindless t & v. Of course, the dogs took turns joining us. We were nursing this bloody annoying hand situation, feeling a bit sorry for ourselves, and trying to sleep off the Rx painkiller that made me queasy. Fun times.

Today's another day. A new beginning. A fresh start. Nothing stronger than ice and ibuprofen today for this girl. I've set the teddy bears aside for now. I'm going to get my new stock photographed and listed in my shop this weekend, do a little cleaning, and otherwise take it easy.

Hard to believe this gal was a skittish barn cat a year ago, and now she's a big house mooch. She still wants to be outside when the sun is out and the temps are mild, and I'm happy to oblige. But, I have to admit...this is cute.

I hope you have a great weekend. If you're looking for me, I might just be back here in a few hours...resting.
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you get some answers to our hand problem soon.
    Kitty is too cute, living the good life!
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thank you so much. I do, too. Claudette is certainly one happy cat. (Crystal, too.)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. She must have been a house kitty before she arrived at your bed and breakfast. She hadn't better get used to these posh accomodations though because Handsome will definitely evict her when he returns.
    Rest is a good thing - boring, but good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Actually, Claudette was born up at Andy and Shelly's house. She and her two kittens (Crystal and Leo). They ended up in our barn three winters ago where I'd been putting out cat food for the opossums. Leo was very sick last winter and I haven't seen him since, Crystal was adopted out in Fond du Lac and after getting outside trekked 13 miles (at least) back here. I said she didn't have to leave, and the shelter could never reach her adopters so that was that. Claudette is imprinted on our barn and property...and now the house. By the time Handsome heads home, it will be warmer. As it is, on warmer days now, she and Crystal want to go out, so the transition should be easier, but still interesting. Claudette's current demeanor is completely the result of my interactions with her. We're just enjoying it while we can. wink I'm resting a lot this weekend, hoping it helps.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: I think Miss Kitty is loving her life with you. She feels loved and very comfortable. Lifting prayers for you to have relief from your hand pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think you're right. She's certainly living high on the hog. Thank you for your prayers. They're greatly appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the perfect weekend, enjoy it. Take Claudette's' lead, keep the paw, oops, the hand raised and rest, rest, rest.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I'm doing exactly as you suggest. I don't even feel guilty about it! lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna