December 21, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - "Twas My Post Before Christmas...

A Feline Photobomber
 

...and all through the house, Claudette brings Mom lots of presents. Yep. Another mouse!

Hi, Everybody!

I've been super busy helpin' Mom and Dad get ready for Christmas this year. Just yesterday, I guarded the yard while they put up new lights that look like a Christmas tree at night! Aren't they pretty?

We all went for a ride together so Mom and Dad could grab a tasty dinner at Culver's...and so we could all see the lights from the road at night. It was awesome! They twinkle, flash, and change color. 

Mom wanted to take my picture so she could show you what the light tree looks like, and I was bein' a good boy. I sat nicely near the walkway lights so you'd be able to see me, when look who sauntered up and booped me right before Mom took the picture! Miss Chonk Cuddly Cat herself! Mom giggled and said, "I think that's the picture I'll use, Tag." Great. More proof that one of our resident felines is smitten with me. (By the way, Crystal was watchin' from the barn door, but, bein' a normal barn cat, she doesn't want to have anythin' to do with us dogs.)

We didn't stay outside much longer. Claudette and I don't mind too, much, but poor Mom doesn't have the extra fur to hang around in the cold. I went in the house, and Mom went to the barn to tuck in the cats before comin' back to our heated farmhouse. She told Dad it's gonna be a long winter, with her worryin' about the cats bein' warm enough 'til it gets nice outside again.

I've been in the barn, and I'm here to tell you, it's like the Hilton out there. Heat-reflective beds, layers of strategically placed hay, enclosed and insulated sleepin' areas, plug-in dishes to keep their food and water from freezin', and don't even get me started about the cushy perch by a window so they can bask in the sun durin' the day! They've really got the world by the keester! It's like Christmas for them every day. 

We're gonna have family around for the next couple of weeks, so that means Mom will be makin' cookies, breads and all kinds of tasty treats for people and pets. Honestly, it doesn't get better than that for a Corgi! Nom, nom, nom. I think she'll start that pretty soon, and I won't miss it for nothin'.

So, that's my stream of consciousness for this week. Kinda bounced all over, didn't I? I admit, the girls and I are preoccupied, wonderin' what we're gettin' this year. We can't wait until Christmas Eve.  How about you? Have you been good this year? Gotta run so I can do a couple last minute good deeds...just in case.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 

Merry Christmas from Bella, Carly, 

Claudette, Crystal and me!

8 comments:

  1. It's a cute pic Tag.
    Your Mom loves animals, just like I do.
    I hope you & the girls get some nice treats for Christmas.
    Merry Christmas Tag!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. Mom's an animal lover, for sure! Mom's awful at hidin' her bakin' from us. We'll probably be right at her feet, watchin' and beggin' for a schnibble. We'll have gifts to share with our granddogs, too.
      Merry Christmas from me and the gang!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Tag I also love looking at all the holiday lights. Your light tree looks very festive. Ahh…you are so loved that even a kitty cat snuggles you! Merry Christmas to all…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Mom was pretty funny. When the lights went into blue and green flashin' mode, she jumped up and asked Dad if there were police in our yard! We all had a good laugh. I'd have those two kitties in the house by now with the cold weather, but they don't want to have a single thing to do with the Labradors. I mean, who can blame 'em?
      Merry Christmas!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Tag, please know that it is a real honor to receive a feline "boop"... it is a playful sign of affection brought on by an almost mutual respect... well, as much respect as a feline will allow itself to display to a canine. You must indeed be quite the dignified canine to stand calmly and receive such an honor. :-D Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      We learn somethin' new every day. Mom's doin' her best to take care of the cats, but she's readin' up on them so she doesn't do the wrong thing for them. She really loves them. I must be doin' somethin' right, 'cuz that cat comes runnin' across the yard every time she sees me. She even went on walkabout with Mom and me. She kept up with us, too! I was impressed.
      Merry Christmas!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. I don't think that was a bad photobomb at all! The tree looks so pretty and the house looks so welcoming. Merry Christmas Tag - to you, the girls, and the kitties (oh and Mom and Handsome too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Thanks so much! She was pretty cute, wasn't she? We are enjoyin' the pretty lights. Merry Christmas, from us to you.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna