December 9, 2021

Something Fun Coming...

Primitive Gatherings' Flannels
I have something new on the (near) horizon! I made a quick turnaround trip to Primitive Gatherings yesterday, just to pick up an assortment of high quality, beautiful flannel fabrics for special Christmas gifts this year. I'm going to be making them up today, and then creating a detailed pattern that will be available in my online shop so you can make some, too!

This is a project you could complete - start to finish - in about an hour if you're an experienced sewer (why does that always read differently to me? sigh), or two hours if you're a bit slower. It can easily be sewn "production style", so that you'll finish them in a flash! Either way, you could complete this project in time for Christmas giving, and still have time to make cookies!

Please be sure to come back tomorrow. You won't want to miss this fun project!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you are making!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I won't have the pattern available until Saturday (free to blog readers through December), but you'll get a better view in my Friday post - and see it on my studio mannequin on Saturday. It's a great project for a last-minute gift! More soon...
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I'm anxious to see what's happening with those luscious-looking fabrics! The purples certainly caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'll share a secret. My sister loves purples (this one, up close, is actually closer to a fig color), and I'm giving that one to her. Don't tell, okay? It is a yummy, rich color, for sure.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous flannels…at first glance I thought they were wools. I’m excited to see your latest project. You are sooo funny…and time to make cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Sherry:
      Isn't there always time to make cookies? lol I may need more of these flannels for Grammies Jammies this year. After prewashing, they are silky smooth. I think the kids would love them. They're Lisa Bongean's fabric lines. I really love them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I’m certain being the accomplished “sewist” you are it will amazing. Took this funny quip from The American Sewing Society “ Sewist,” is not technically in the dictionary, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it. People have been using it for centuries. It seems to be a popular sewing title among bloggers. “Sewist” also eliminates the negative connotation people have with “sewer.” You might even hear people take it one step further and refer to themselves as a “sewista.”. Now that Sewista has some real potential don’t ya think?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Charlene:
      You are a clever friend! I love "sewist" 100 times more than "sewer". lol, and "Sewista" really rocks. I've always used seamstress, but know some really awesome sewing guys. That term just wouldn't work. "Sewist" for guys, "Sewista" for the ladies. Thanks for your suggestions!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Their website says seamstress refers to a maker of garments and can be used by both genders!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna