December 10, 2021

Christmas Scarves...

Christmas 2021 - Buttoned Flannel Scarves

I completed four new buttoned flannel scarves yesterday. I would have done more, but truthfully, the time just got away from me. Tag and Bella are having "gastric distress" issues - cause unknown - and Handsome has been sleeping downstairs to be able to quickly get them outside when they fuss. I've worried about him as much as I have about them. They had him up multiple times through the night and early morning, and it takes its toll on all concerned. 

So, we all got a late start, and when Handsome had to run out to get a few supplies, I held down the fort. We think they're out of the woods now (thank you, Imodium), so when he got back home, I headed to the studio. 

This project began with a trip to Primitive Gatherings for some of their beautiful flannels, and I'm so happy I took the time to do that. Sewing on these fabrics is a real treat. 

I prewashed everything (tossing in a couple of Color Catchers™ just in case, and after washing, tossed them into the dryer. When they came out of the dryer, I did a light fold to carry them upstairs. They held their shape, and stayed true to grain. I didn't even have to pull them back into shape for the edges to line up. That says a lot about the fabric quality. 

I got my scarves sewn, but didn't get a pattern written up before dinner time. I'm going to do that today. I also decided that the pattern will be a gift to my blog readers (FREE) through the end of the month. After that, I'll put it into my online shop to sell.

I'll show you more photos tomorrow to share what's different about this scarf design. You're going to love it! See you then!

8 comments:

  1. Hope the doggies are better & that handsome can get some rest.
    The scarves are pretty & look nice & cozy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      Thank you. We’re slowly getting back to normal. I appreciate your concern.
      co
      Donna

      Delete
  2. awwww - I'm so sorry the furries have been having tummy troubles - and for Handsome's sleepless night too. Hopefully they don't share the wealth with Carly too. I think I've read that giving dogs canned pumpkin is helpful for their digestion?
    And the scarves look lovely and warm (and pretty too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA-
      Looks like we’re out of the woods and Carly didn’t have any problems. We give them canned pumpkin every day to help with such things, but when they get diarrhea, they get switched to cottage cheese, boiled chicken and white rice. They don’t mind one bit. I think they’re disappointed to go back to kibble!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Poor doggies and poor Handsome. Miserable night. I love your scarves. They are so festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea-
      You’re so right. Miserable. Glad we’re on the recovery side now. The scarves are really fun. Hope you’ll grab your copy of the pattern!
      xo
      Dinna

      Delete
  4. Tummy troubles are no fun for any of us…fur or not. Love these scarves and I must see why you have a button on them. Sew much to do and sew little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry-
      You’re so right! Glad you noticed the button. The pattern is available on tomorrow’s post! All is revealed.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna