December 22, 2021

A Peek At The Finish...

Brynwood Needleworks - Just A Peek. Completed Table Runner

I can't show the entire finished piece until after it's opened by the recipient. Even so, I wanted to share this much to show you it's all done and ready to wrap.

I'll be working on Grammie's Jammies today, and we'll see how far I get on those. I want to finish them so I can get some baking in yet this week. There won't be a cookie exchange this year, so I want to decorate Christmas cookies to share here with family and neighbors. 

I guess I'd better kick it in gear. Miles to go before I sleep. How are you doing as we slide into the last few days before Christmas? I'm actually quite comfortable. Nothing is more important than the reason for the season. I always have a Plan B if I need it, and I refuse to feel stressed or panicked. I'm enjoying every day, and counting my blessings. If you're reading what I write every day, I'm sure you feel the same.

I hope you have a great day, my friend. I appreciate that you're here to visit every day. I only wish our visits could be in person, and we could smile across cups of tea as we chat with each other. I'm sure glad we have this as an alternative. Thanks for being here.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful.
    That crow fabric is perfect!
    Finishing up baking today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! I'd love to be baking, but I have those jammies to finish before I can play in the kitchen. I'm baking bread for Sunday dinner at our elder son's, and I'm planning to do all the cookies, etc. next week before everyone comes here. Have fun, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Love how the fabrics blend. I agree with Marilyn on the crow fabric. Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Bonnie. I love that I had these combinations at hand, and could use what I have rather. I hope you have nice plans for the weekend. I'm looking forward to what we have on the agenda.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You found the perfect fabric for the backing! Looking forward to seeing the full reveal. After Christmas I guess I'm on tap to make jammies for our 5 year old grandie - special request. Also have the fabric on the way to make a couple of little baby dresses...not sure how my sewing skills will translate to that but I guess I'll find out! Enjoy your preparations, but remember to take time to stop and enjoy the reason for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear MA:
      Thanks so much. I love that fabric, too. (I even have a yard left that I can use for something fun for here...or make napkins for the recipient after the holidays! I love making baby dresses, so I hope you'll share photos with me when you're done. I'd love to see what you create. We won't have any big gatherings here until January, so we can have fun together, I'll be baking, and enjoying the ball games. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. In your usual perfect style this Crow runner is first class. This is the first year I have truly been at peace and am not acting like a mad woman possessed to get everything done. Of course I miss my girls who have all moved to Florida, Mississippi and Tennessee. Mailing is not the same as being together in person. Merry Christmas and I definitely am remembering and honoring the Reason for the Season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, sweet Sherry. I'll share a photograph of the entire piece next week. I understand completely about living away from your family. We had that when we lived in Florida. Of course, the kids make their own traditions while we were away, so now it's different from before we left. We'll see one son and his family on Sunday at their home, and the other son won't be back from their traditional trip to their cabin until after the first. Our entire family gathering won't be until the 9th when we'll all get together to celebrate Handsome's birthday. Handsome and I will spend Christmas Eve and Day together. We're actually going out for a Christmas Day brunch at a favorite restaurant! Something new for us...and no dishes to wash! We're excited.
      Merry Christmas, dear friend.
      xoxo
      Love,
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna