September 11, 2013

I'm Not In Charge...

 I keep saying it, but apparently, no one believes me.

Tammy was the original organizer for our Tuesday night Paneras knitting/
crocheting/stitching/quilting group. She and her husband moved to Virginia
last spring and all the rest of the girls told me that I would be "in charge" of
our group from now on. I emphatically told them that I didn't want the job.

Fast forward..."Hey, guys. We still have to make all the washcloths for our
Backpack Angels charitable cause." (Not my leader voice.) Everyone, including
me, jumped onboard and produced over sixty five washcloths to be assembled
with mini soaps, shampoos, and toothpastes for our chosen local charity. Guess who
became responsible for collecting all those precious goodies? Yup. Yours truly.
 These crocheted and knitted washcloths are beautiful and colorful. I know
they're going to be cherished by the homeless or needy children in our city.
If you're interested in learning about the Backpack Angels, here is their link.

I'll be contacting their group in the next day or so to find out to whom I 
should deliver our precious cargo. But, let me make one thing perfectly clear...
"I'm not in charge!"
There. I've said it again. Do you think they'll believe me? Yeah. Me, either.
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with that Donna! What a great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous words - "Well, I'll be happy to help but I can't be 'in charge'"!
    Looks like a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denial dear...You are fortunately elected as you have the right skills. Bless your group for such a wonderful project completed. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna lets face it... They know a leader when they see one!!!!! Love to Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Sharon said. :)
    I think that is a totally cool project for charity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna