October 15, 2012

Tuesdays With Tag - My Stay-cation...

Happy Tuesday, everybody!
I've been waitin' all week to tell you about what I did last week.
I'm tellin' ya, I never even saw it comin'!

There I was just mindin' my own business and
Mom says, "Hey, Tag! Let's go for a ride."
I love rides. I was all over that program.
But, wait just a dang minute...
We don't usually take my dog food on our rides unless
we're heading out in my Flyin' Cloud for a while.

Driftwood Image
Mom and I were drivin' on the Interstate, and I smelled an old, familiar smell.
 Whenever we get to the Nokomis exit on the Interstate, I smell a funky kinda smell.
(There's actually a yukky treatment plant at that intersection and ya just can't miss it!)

Anyway, when Mom takes that exit, I have a pretty good idea where we're goin'.
We're goin' to visit Aunt Rita at Driftwood Kennels, and I just love Aunt Rita!!!!
Driftwood Image
We've been there to visit a bunch of times, but I've never stayed there before.
Whenever Mom and I go there, it's always just to hang out and play for a little while.

This time, Mom dropped me off so I could actually stay with them while
Mom and Dad got on an airplane to go to Wisconsin for four days.

Mom gave me a smooch goodbye and said I should be a good boy.
Really? I'm always mostly always a good boy!

Well, I'm not gonna share all the details, but I had a great time at Driftwood.
(It's like Vegas. What happens at Driftwood stays at Driftwood!)

But...Don't tell Mom and Dad that I really, really, really missed them.
I'd much rather travel with them than have them leave me behind.
(Mom and Dad said they feel the same way!)

 I got back home from my stay-cation on Saturday. 
Driftwood was wonderful and I had great accommodations, but 
at the end of the day, I much prefer sleepin' on the bed with Mom.

I'm gonna catch up on my beauty rest now. 
I'll see ya again next week. 'til then...
"More Waggin', and Less Barkin'!"

5 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Stacey said...

Precious!

Createology said...

Tag you are one lucky Corgi. A stay-cation with complete accommodations is wonderful. Even your own favorite food. I know you were a very good boy. Enjoy your resting from stay-cationing. I think Mom will more than make it up to you for being gone. Smooches back at ya...

Queenie Believe said...

Not to worry Tag, your secret's safe with Queenie...
I tell ya, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed especially after a staycation to Vegas :o)
Have a great doggy day.
Always, Queenie

Michelle May said...

Party animal. Cracks me up!

Terri Sue said...

Tag, I just assumed you went with Mom and Dad. I can't remember the last time I went on a vacation. We ALWAYS do staycations around here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails