October 14, 2012

Love Letters And Etchings...

Last week, I was in Wisconsin. We were able to spend time with our boys and their families, get a taste of autumn and have lunch with my BFF. We had some other family business to attend to, but there was lots of time for fun, too.
Last summer, I went shopping at Material Matters quilt shop. At that time, it was in Cedarburg, but I knew they were going to be moving for more space and parking. Between then and this trip, they moved to Theinsville, only a few miles away.

We happened to drive through Theinsville last week, and Handsome asked if I'd like to stop. Heck, yeah! He dropped me off and headed off to the Harley-Davidson store.
Both times I went into the shop, I was drawn to this display quilt. It's the Love Letters Quilt designed by "This & That", using Moda's "Etchings" fabric by Three Sisters.
I purchased the pattern over the summer, so I knew when I was pulled to this quilt again, it would be moving to the front of the line.
I already have this much of the fabric line, and the rest is on its way. My plan is to have this one finished yet this year.

By the way, the heart is an alabaster paperweight. My BFF, Lee celebrated her birthday last week, so I got one for each of us. We're always close at heart, and our matching paperweights are just another reminder. I'll share more trip photos later in the week.

It's good to be back home.
DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt pattern and I can see why you were drawn to it. Can't wait to see your quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric and pattern ,can't wait to see it transformed into that lovely quilt.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric. perfect for the love letters. I bet Wisconsin was showing all its colors this time of year. I do miss MN for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meaning behind the BBF paper weights touches my heart. I have a BBF in another state and miss her dearly.
    I love this quilt. It is going to be beautiful!
    Enjoy your trip north.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is going to make that quilt just goregeous! Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reds and blues. It is really going to be a beautiful quilt. The heart is gorgeous also. Glad you got to see so many loved ones. Did Tag enjoy the trip?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna