June 10, 2011

Wedding Blog Party II...

Because my Fridays are now "Silent Fridays", I'm posting this a day late for Stephanie's Wedding Blog Party. I'll give you a link to her party and the other participants at the end of my post.

Many of you may not have seen my post from last year, and it's one of my favorites. I've decided to repost it for those who missed it, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. If you saw it last year, I hope you enjoy reading it again!
Today I'm participating in the Wedding Blog Party,
hosted by Stephanie at Angelic Accents.
Our only guideline is that it be romantic or wedding-related.

My regular followers know that I recently completed
a wedding gown for my mum's April beach wedding,
but if you're new to Brynwood, I'd like to share my favorite
photograph from her big day:
Our family has known Burt, her new husband, for over 45 years.
It was a match made in Heaven, and their celebration was perfect.
I was honored to make the gown she wore for her special day.
You can click here, if you'd like to see the entire wedding album.
In 2008, my eldest niece (who is also my goddaughter)
was married. I made her gown, the attendant's dresses
and the cummerbund for her husband and his son,
who she has now adopted.

In March of this year, she gave birth to their second son.
I made his christening gown from the surplus fabric
I'd purchased for her gown. (I'd planned ahead, knowing
that they wanted to have more children together.)
You can click here to see their entire wedding album,
from choosing the fabric, to Handsome and me
dancing at their reception. I've even included a photo
of their new son and his finished christening gown,
which I am hand delivering to them this weekend.
I couldn't do a romantic post without sharing a photograph
from my wedding to Handsome. It was 60º on December 29th
in Wisconsin!! (Yes, it was a record heat wave in 1984.)
We celebrated our 25th anniversary last December,
and I'm as crazy about this man now as the day I met him.
(It was love at first sight...really!)
In the words of the vicar in The Princess Bride,
"If it's Wuv...Twoo Wuv."
I hope you enjoyed my romantic post today,
and that you get a chance to visit the other participants
in The Wedding Blog Party.

May your days also be filled with love and happiness.
Be sure to click on Stephanie's button to go to her blog site: Angelic Accents to read the posts for the other participants. Be sure to take a hankie. Remember, they're all romantic posts, and you might be invited to a few more weddings. I don't know about you, but weddings always make me cry!

15 comments:

  1. Great post, Donna! You were and still are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    Great post. You two are gorgeous together.

    Finally almost settled.....

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post. Such beautiful dresses and happy memories. I shall be making my elder daughters wedding dress soon, ready for her wedding in August. We shared the fabric together and she chose the pattern - in fact it was almost the first pattern she saw......... I made my own wedding dress some 34years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I meant that we chose the fabric together.
    We bought the fabric for her flowergirl too. She will be the adopted daughter of a close friend. A little sweetheart, aged three.........
    It will be such a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I enjoyed your romantic post! Your mum's wedding was so beautiful! Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post. Your seamstress abilities are above exquisite as these dresses all prove. You and Handsome are one very fine couple and Congratulations on 25 years of bliss. No one could ever doubt how much the two of you love one another...it shows in your smiles. Wonderful weekend my constant friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I remember this from last year, and yes, I definitely enjoyed a repeat. You are an amazing seamstress and a beautiful bride! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post Donna. You are a very talented dressmaker. The pic of your mum's wedding is lovely. It sounds like you & handsome are a match made in heaven too. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved those dresses and loved this post! :)
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just sparkle in every word of your marriage, Donna. It is always delightful to read you memories.

    All these gowns are just fabulous, but then you are one exquisite seamstress/designer. What elegance you created for the magical moments at the weddings. I remember your shares of these blessed events.

    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, sweet friend,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful post Donna - you are one heck of a multi-talented woman!
    How lucky your family is that you are able to do these special things for them that can only enhance what is already a wonderful celebration. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aqui no Brasil 12 de junho comemoramos o DIA DOS NAMORADOS e seu post esta muito romântico e apropriado para a data , parabéns e felicidades sempre.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious Post my sweet friend! And that photo of your Mom is great! I need to go check out the album. LOVE your wedding photo but, most of all I love the one of you now... still in love & it shows! We celebrate 40 this year... and yes, I was a child bride (16)! Love Ya
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Donna, I'm thrilled that you were able to join the Wedding Blog Party fun! It just wouldn't have been a party without YOU! I'm just as amazed today as I was the very first time I saw those incredible pics of your sweet mom's beach wedding and her beautiful gown!! Your niece's gown (and the christening gown) was just Renaissance~Amazing!! I sooo remember the posts of it, too. I've only got three more links to visit then I'll be back here to "stalk" your past posts a bit more!!!

    You and your hubby make such an energetic fun-loving, handsome couple, both then AND now!!

    My out of town relatives are gone now so I'm enjoying spending all the time I want to visit my friend's wedding posts now! Such fun!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna