June 29, 2011

She Really Knows Me...

I just have to share my newest acorn addition here at Brynwood. You really want to see it, right?

My BFF sent me a box of goodies from Wisconsin recently and it was just like Christmas! (She really knows what I love!)

Among all of the wonderful things tucked inside my box was a package wrapped in tissue and bubble wrap. When I opened it, I found this beautiful dish with a tiny acorn and a pair of oak leaves embellishing one side. Isn't it beautiful?
The artisan who created this chose just the right glazes for it. The colors couldn't be more appropriate. I adore the little acorn. It's rustic and rough and just right.

Thank you, Lee. I love all of my goodies...but especially this little acorn dish, chosen just for me. It sits where I see it first thing every day and it's the last thing I see at night. It's perfect - but you already knew that. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing you soon, girlfriend!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love that dish ! I also love acorns too! lol Great gift you received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - That is a very special gift and I love that most of the dish is smooth except the little acorn!! Very cool!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings well deserved.

    Big Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pottery and your little dish is perfection.

    Its wonderful to have a friend that knows you so well. But, even a friend that is not so good at selecting what we love is still a friend to be treasured. Hope you see your BFF soon. She is a treasure.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet gift! Best gift of all is a friend who 'gets' you:) Have a beautiful day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dish is just perfect for you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little dish is beautiful and very natural looking. Your bff Lee really does know you well. How sweet to treat you with lots of goodies. I love the new background tree and greenery here on your blog. Thankful Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make pottery at a local college up North and did receive some ribbons on some of my items but never could make anything on the wheel. Your bowl is awesome and does fit you to a "T:..Love the glaze she used too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bowl is just so adorable! Hurray for you! What a wonderful friend...enjoy! Happy 4th to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good friends are always a perfect fit.... :D love the subscibe optinon Donna..... I won't miss a thing now

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a wonderful dish and a wonderful friend that knows just what to get for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful gift! I know you love it.
    Sorry honey I just now posted my Memory Lane Monday tonight. I am so far behind on my blogging.
    Hope your having a wonderful week
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic gift! It's beautiful!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna